For the Dough
- 15g yeast
- 375g flour
- 150ml buttermilk
- 4 tbsp Kerrygold Originl Irish Butter, melted
For the Topping
- 250g green asparagus
- 80g red onions
- 80g white onions
- 120g streaky bacon
- 150g crème fraiche
- 200g sour cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 150g Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar
1. Prepare the DoughCrumble the yeast and dissolve in 50ml lukewarm water. Knead the flour, yeast mixture, buttermilk, salt and butter in a food processor with a dough hook for at least 3 minutes until the dough is smooth and supple. Knead the dough well on the work surface and shape into a ball. Place in a bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 2 hours.
2. Process the AsparagusBring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan with some salt. Peel the lower end of the asparagus and cut off the ends. Pre-cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, remove and rinse in cold water. Drain well, then cut in half lengthways.
3. Mix the Ingredients for the ToppingPeel the onions, quarter and cut into fine strips. Cut the bacon into fine strips. Mix the creme fraiche with the sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Knead and Divide the DoughCut the baking paper and cling film into 4 pieces the size of a baking tray. Knead the dough vigorously, shape into a tool and divide into 4 equal pieces. Place 1 piece of dough at a time on 1 sheet of baking paper.
5. Roll Out the DoughThen place the parchment paper on a piece of carpet stopper to keep from slipping. Roll out the pieces of dough thinly until they contract, then they are nice and elastic. Cover the dough with cling film to keep from drying out. Repeat with all the dough pieces until the dough is 2mm thick.
6. Spread the DoughPreheat the oven with the tray on the bottom shelf to 250 degrees for 20 minutes. Brush each piece of dough with 1/4 of the creme fraiche mixture, sprinkle with 1/4 of the bacon strips and onion rings. Now top with 1/4 of the asparagus and sprinkle 1/4 of the cheddar over the top.
7. Bake and ServePlace on the hot tray with the baking paper and bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 8 minutes. Serve sprinkled with pepper.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This recipe has certainly stood the test of time and is ideal if you’ve got a...
Pasta with Cheddar, Herb Butter and Roasted Garlic
1. Put the butter in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat. Meanwhile, pe...
Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar Stuffed Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C then cut the loaf of bread in horizontal and verti...
Lamb Roast with Creamy Vegetables and Potato Wedges
Recipe by: @ataleofsauceandspice For the Brining...
Chilli Cheese Nuggets
Roughly cut the cheese into pieces. Place the cheese pieces in a pot on the lowe...