- 175g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- Extra butter for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa solids)
- 3 large free range eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 30g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
For the snow icing
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tbsp water, added gradually
- Fondant holly and berries to decorate (optional)
- Icing sugar, to dust
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding. These mini chocolate Christmas puddings have an oozing liquid chocolate interior and can be made in advance and placed in the fridge until you are ready to bake them. A brilliant little make-ahead Christmas dessert and perfect for anyone who doesn’t like traditional Christmas pudding.
- To make the snow icing gradually add a couple of drops of water at a time to your sifted icing sugar, stirring continuously. Do this by eye. If you don't need all the water, don't add it. When you reach a thick but spreadable consistency, it's ready to use. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven 180°C, Gas mark 4.
- Grease six mini pudding moulds and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir through the chopped chocolate until melted.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they become pale and thick.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour.
- Using a spatula, fold the mixture together until it is evenly combined.
- Place the greased pudding moulds on a baking sheet and divide the chocolate batter amongst them.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf to cook for 12 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for at least 1 minute.
- Run a mini spatula around the inside edges to loosen the puddings, invert onto plates and spoon a heaped tablespoon of icing snow over each one, then decorate with the holly and berries for an extra festive touch.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Great shortcake never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserve...
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Dip
Place the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and mix until lig...
Cranberry & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
A decadent twist on the classic hot cross bun recipe made with juicy cranberries...
One Pot Summer Chicken Casserole
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat the oven to 350...
Winter Beef Casserole With Herby Potato Dumplings
Beef Casserole Method Preheat the oven to 140°C or Gas Mark 2. Place...