- 175g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- Extra butter for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa solids)
- 3 large free range eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 30g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
For the snow icing
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tbsp water, added gradually
- Fondant holly and berries to decorate (optional)
- Icing sugar, to dust
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding. These mini chocolate Christmas puddings have an oozing liquid chocolate interior and can be made in advance and placed in the fridge until you are ready to bake them. A brilliant little make-ahead Christmas dessert and perfect for anyone who doesn’t like traditional Christmas pudding.
- To make the snow icing gradually add a couple of drops of water at a time to your sifted icing sugar, stirring continuously. Do this by eye. If you don't need all the water, don't add it. When you reach a thick but spreadable consistency, it's ready to use. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven 180°C, Gas mark 4.
- Grease six mini pudding moulds and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir through the chopped chocolate until melted.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they become pale and thick.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour.
- Using a spatula, fold the mixture together until it is evenly combined.
- Place the greased pudding moulds on a baking sheet and divide the chocolate batter amongst them.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf to cook for 12 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for at least 1 minute.
- Run a mini spatula around the inside edges to loosen the puddings, invert onto plates and spoon a heaped tablespoon of icing snow over each one, then decorate with the holly and berries for an extra festive touch.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Queen Victoria Mini Cakes
Preheat the oven (160 for dark pans and 180 for light pans). In a large bowl or...
Cheese Sauce Made With Kerrygold Cheddar Cheese
Method: Combine 1/4 cup milk and flour in a saucepan, stir with a...
Sweet Potato Dumplings
Cook the sweet potatoes, whole and unpeeled, in very little water for 30 minutes...
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our tw...
Pumpkin Fritters with Salted Caramel Sauce
For the Fritters Combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a...
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...