- 8 small leeks, well trimmed
- 15g (1 tbsp), to grease baking dish Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 16 thin slices Parma ham
- 150g (1¼ cups) grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty French bread and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Blanch the leeks in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water to stop them from cooking any further, then drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.Generously
- Generously butter a baking dish, just large enough to hold the leeks. Wrap each leek in two slices of the Parma ham and arrange them in the buttered baking dish. Place the cheese in a bowl and stir in the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve the dish of leeks wrapped in Parma ham with cheese straight to the table with plenty of crusty bread to mop up all of those delicious juices and a separate plate of tomato salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Traditional South African Koeksisters
Recipe by: @ataleofsauceandspice For the Sauce...
Hearty Irish Stew
Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4. Place the flour in a shallow dish...
Pumpkin Risotto with Sage
The secret to success for a perfect risotto every time is to start by using a go...
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Cheesy, Buttery Mash and a Lime Beurre Blanc Sauce
Recipe by: Imtiyaaz Hart (@imtiyaazhart) For the Beurre Blanc...
Kerrygold Christmas Turkey Butters
1. Cream the butter together with all the ingredients using the back of a wooden...
Lightly cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla ess...