- 8 small leeks, well trimmed
- 15g (1 tbsp), to grease baking dish Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 16 thin slices Parma ham
- 150g (1¼ cups) grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty French bread and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Blanch the leeks in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water to stop them from cooking any further, then drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.Generously
- Generously butter a baking dish, just large enough to hold the leeks. Wrap each leek in two slices of the Parma ham and arrange them in the buttered baking dish. Place the cheese in a bowl and stir in the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve the dish of leeks wrapped in Parma ham with cheese straight to the table with plenty of crusty bread to mop up all of those delicious juices and a separate plate of tomato salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pumpkin Risotto with Sage
The secret to success for a perfect risotto every time is to start by using a go...
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Recently, I discovered how to make mashed pot...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with Cheese
This is a variation on the traditional way of cooking potatoes in a cast-iron fr...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
Cheese & Tomato Macaroni with Broccoli
This is a great option for anyone who loves macaroni and cheese without all of t...