- 8 small leeks, well trimmed
- 15g (1 tbsp), to grease baking dish Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 16 thin slices Parma ham
- 150g (1¼ cups) grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty French bread and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Blanch the leeks in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water to stop them from cooking any further, then drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.Generously
- Generously butter a baking dish, just large enough to hold the leeks. Wrap each leek in two slices of the Parma ham and arrange them in the buttered baking dish. Place the cheese in a bowl and stir in the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve the dish of leeks wrapped in Parma ham with cheese straight to the table with plenty of crusty bread to mop up all of those delicious juices and a separate plate of tomato salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Butter Chicken Masala
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Kabsa is an ancient rice dish that is traditionally served mostly in the Middle...
Bread and Butter Pudding with Ginger, Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate
Recipe by John Burger Preheat the oven to 180°C...
Grilled Pineapple with Chocolate Chilli Sauce and Minty Crème Fraiche
By Rozanne Stevens A simple recipe, yet qu...