- 8 small leeks, well trimmed
- 15g (1 tbsp), to grease baking dish Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 16 thin slices Parma ham
- 150g (1¼ cups) grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty French bread and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Blanch the leeks in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water to stop them from cooking any further, then drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.Generously
- Generously butter a baking dish, just large enough to hold the leeks. Wrap each leek in two slices of the Parma ham and arrange them in the buttered baking dish. Place the cheese in a bowl and stir in the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve the dish of leeks wrapped in Parma ham with cheese straight to the table with plenty of crusty bread to mop up all of those delicious juices and a separate plate of tomato salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Grilled Fruit Kebabs with Passion Fruit Cream
These fruit kebabs are just wonderful cooked on the gentle embers of a barbecue...
Roasted Carrots in a Bag with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need...
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
This recipe uses a classic cheese sauce, which is the basis for so many dishes t...
Lemon Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
Preheat the oven to 180° and grease a 15cm round cake pan....
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...