- 8 small leeks, well trimmed
- 15g (1 tbsp), to grease baking dish Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 16 thin slices Parma ham
- 150g (1¼ cups) grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty French bread and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Blanch the leeks in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water to stop them from cooking any further, then drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.Generously
- Generously butter a baking dish, just large enough to hold the leeks. Wrap each leek in two slices of the Parma ham and arrange them in the buttered baking dish. Place the cheese in a bowl and stir in the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve the dish of leeks wrapped in Parma ham with cheese straight to the table with plenty of crusty bread to mop up all of those delicious juices and a separate plate of tomato salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Use blackberries instead of raspberries in the autumn or a mixture of berries at...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...