- 8 small leeks, well trimmed
- 15g (1 tbsp), to grease baking dish Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 16 thin slices Parma ham
- 150g (1¼ cups) grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty French bread and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Blanch the leeks in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water to stop them from cooking any further, then drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.Generously
- Generously butter a baking dish, just large enough to hold the leeks. Wrap each leek in two slices of the Parma ham and arrange them in the buttered baking dish. Place the cheese in a bowl and stir in the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve the dish of leeks wrapped in Parma ham with cheese straight to the table with plenty of crusty bread to mop up all of those delicious juices and a separate plate of tomato salad.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Rasberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...
Dubliner Artichoke Dip
Combine all ingredients and spoon the mixture into a 203ml baking dish. Bake fo...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Smoked salmon carbonara is also a fantastic supper dish. Simply replace the baco...