For the Patties
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1/2 onion
- 100g Kerrygold Mature Cheddar, grated
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp burger spice
For the Tomato Mayonnaise
- 100g mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 dash sriracha sauce
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 slices Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar
- 4 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 2 red onions
- 2 bouquet tomatoes
For the Burger Patties1. Put the beans in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
2. Peel the onion and cut it into fine cubes.
3. Finely mash the beans with a potato masher or fork. Add the remaining ingredients and process them by hand into a homogenous mass. Put aside.
For the Mayonnaise4. Cut the tomatoes into fine cubes. Put the mayonnaise and the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
For Assembly5. Peel the red onions and cut them into rings, then wash and slice the tomatoes.
6. Cut the burger buns in half and sprinkle with butter. Roast with the cut side down in a pan.
7. Shape four equally sized patties from the bean mixture. These should be the same size as the burger buns.
8. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the patties on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. They should be golden yellow. Just before they are done, put the cheese on top and allow it to melt a little.
9. Put some tomato mayonnaise on the lower part of the burger bun, top with baby spinach and then top with the patties. Place the red onions and tomato slices on top and put the bun on the top. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Sizzling Prawns with Chilli & Garlic
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with 15g of the butter. Once the bu...
Kerrygold Milk Tart Cheesecake
Recipe by: Lorraine Maharaj (@tamarindnthyme) For the Bas...
Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar & Sage Risotto
Recipe by: Natasha Marais (@dinewithtasha) 1. Bring the sto...
Asparagus Quiche with Strawberries
For the Base Rub the butter and flour finely with your fingers. Add wa...
Chocolate Macaroon Cake
Recipe by: Landi Govender (@thetockablog) For the Cake...