For the Patties
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1/2 onion
- 100g Kerrygold Mature Cheddar, grated
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp burger spice
For the Tomato Mayonnaise
- 100g mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 dash sriracha sauce
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 slices Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar
- 4 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 2 red onions
- 2 bouquet tomatoes
For the Burger Patties1. Put the beans in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
2. Peel the onion and cut it into fine cubes.
3. Finely mash the beans with a potato masher or fork. Add the remaining ingredients and process them by hand into a homogenous mass. Put aside.
For the Mayonnaise4. Cut the tomatoes into fine cubes. Put the mayonnaise and the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
For Assembly5. Peel the red onions and cut them into rings, then wash and slice the tomatoes.
6. Cut the burger buns in half and sprinkle with butter. Roast with the cut side down in a pan.
7. Shape four equally sized patties from the bean mixture. These should be the same size as the burger buns.
8. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the patties on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. They should be golden yellow. Just before they are done, put the cheese on top and allow it to melt a little.
9. Put some tomato mayonnaise on the lower part of the burger bun, top with baby spinach and then top with the patties. Place the red onions and tomato slices on top and put the bun on the top. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Jerk Buttered Cauliflower with Watermelon Salad
Recipe by Anina's Recipes...
Persian Love Cake
Recipe by Landi Govender (@thetockablog) Preheat the oven to...
LEEKS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM
This is a great way of making a delicious sauce without having to go to the trou...
Chicken Tikka Breyani
Combine the chicken with yoghurt and spices and allow to marinate for at lea...
Sweet Potato, Bacon & Pecan Stuffing
Preheat the oven to 180°F or Gas Mark 4. Place a saucep...
Sizzling Prawns with Chilli & Garlic
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with 15g of the butter. Once the bu...