- 350g high quality mincemeat, preferably homemade
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 40g golden caster sugar
- 125g Kerrygold butter diced
- 1 large free range egg, beaten
- Milk to glaze
- Lightly butter a 12-hole pie or patty tin
- Tip the mincemeat into a bowl and stir so that the liquid is evenly distributed
- Place the flour, sugar, and butter in a food processor and process briefly until resembling breadcrumbs, then tip into a bowl and stir in the egg
- Bring the mixture together using your hands, wrap in cling film and chill for an hour or so
- Thinly roll out the pastry on a floured surface
- Cut out 12 circles with a fluted pastry cutter, large enough to fill the base of the prepared tin
- Press gently into each hole, then fill with the mincemeat
- Cut out another 12 slightly smaller discs and use to cover the mincemeat
- Press the edges together to seal
- Make a small slit in the top of each, then brush lightly with milk. Chill for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200C and bake the pies for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Remove to a wire rack and serve warm.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Broccoli Puff Pastry Tart
Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat and put a baking sheet lined with bak...
Sheet Pan Balsamic Steak & Potatoes with Kerrygold Garlic Butter
Recipe by: Thabitha Makwakwa (@Thabitha_Chef) 1. Preheat th...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
A roast leg of lamb is delicious any time of the year. Add some real Irish butte...
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Honey Peach Pie
To prepare the crust: Combine the flour, sugar, and s...
Cranberry & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
A decadent twist on the classic hot cross bun recipe made with juicy cranberries...