For the Lemon Curd:
- 75g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 150g sugar
- 4 lemons (zest and juice)
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
For the biscuit base:
- 130g digestive biscuits
- 60g ground almonds
- 80g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 30g sugar
For the cheesecake filling:
- 14g powder gelatin or (about 9 sheets gelatin)
- 400g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g sugar
- 300ml cream
- 200g raspberries
- Mixed berries for decoration
For the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 120g sugar
- pinch of salt
Step by Step MethodFor the lemon curd:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan at a low temperature.
- Once the butter has melted, mix in the sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Raise the temperature and allow to boil briefly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk and stir in the lemon mixture.
- Return to the heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- If the mixture does not thicken, slightly raise the heat.
- Once the mixture has thickened remove it from the heat and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools.
- Once cooled, place in a sterile glass jar
- Put the egg whites and salt into a clean glass mixing bowl (not plastic).
- Use an electric mixer to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (a tablespoon at a time) whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip and pipe large dots of mixture onto the baking paper.
- Allow to dry in the preheated oven at 60 ° C for one hour.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor
- Add the ground almonds and sugar, mix well.
- Add the soft butter, mix well again and pour the whole mass into a springform cheesecake tin.
- Press into the bottom with a spoon.
- Prepare gelatine according to the package instructions.
- Heat sugar and 100 ml of cream in a saucepan. Simmer the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Beat remaining cream until stiff, add cream cheese and stir until creamy.
- Stir in gelatine mass.
- Mix half of the mass with half lemon curd. Add 200 g raspberries to the other half. Alternatively, add lemon curd and raspberry mass to the biscuit bottom.
- In between add mashed meringue to the mass.
- Now let the cake cool for about 2 hours in the freezer.
- Decorate with berries and the remaining lemon curd.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Sweet Potato, Bacon & Pecan Stuffing
Preheat the oven to 180°F or Gas Mark 4. Place a saucep...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your Brussel sprouts end up perfectly cooked....
Rocket and Parma Ham Pizza
For the Dough Dissolve the yeast together with the sugar in the lukewa...
Grilled Salmon with Lemon & Herb Butter Sauce
For the Sauce Melt the Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter in a pan...
Bacon and Cheese Puff Pastry Sticks
Take the puff pastry out of the refrigerator and allow it to reach room temperat...
Asparagus Quiche with Strawberries
For the Base Rub the butter and flour finely with your fingers. Add wa...