For the Lemon Curd:
- 75g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 150g sugar
- 4 lemons (zest and juice)
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
For the biscuit base:
- 130g digestive biscuits
- 60g ground almonds
- 80g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 30g sugar
For the cheesecake filling:
- 14g powder gelatin or (about 9 sheets gelatin)
- 400g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g sugar
- 300ml cream
- 200g raspberries
- Mixed berries for decoration
For the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 120g sugar
- pinch of salt
Step by Step MethodFor the lemon curd:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan at a low temperature.
- Once the butter has melted, mix in the sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Raise the temperature and allow to boil briefly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk and stir in the lemon mixture.
- Return to the heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- If the mixture does not thicken, slightly raise the heat.
- Once the mixture has thickened remove it from the heat and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools.
- Once cooled, place in a sterile glass jar
- Put the egg whites and salt into a clean glass mixing bowl (not plastic).
- Use an electric mixer to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (a tablespoon at a time) whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip and pipe large dots of mixture onto the baking paper.
- Allow to dry in the preheated oven at 60 ° C for one hour.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor
- Add the ground almonds and sugar, mix well.
- Add the soft butter, mix well again and pour the whole mass into a springform cheesecake tin.
- Press into the bottom with a spoon.
- Prepare gelatine according to the package instructions.
- Heat sugar and 100 ml of cream in a saucepan. Simmer the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Beat remaining cream until stiff, add cream cheese and stir until creamy.
- Stir in gelatine mass.
- Mix half of the mass with half lemon curd. Add 200 g raspberries to the other half. Alternatively, add lemon curd and raspberry mass to the biscuit bottom.
- In between add mashed meringue to the mass.
- Now let the cake cool for about 2 hours in the freezer.
- Decorate with berries and the remaining lemon curd.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pasta with Cheddar, Herb Butter and Roasted Garlic
1. Put the butter in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat. Meanwhile, pe...
Irish Apple Tart by Shane McMahon
Grease a round cake tin (24cm in diameter) with some Kerrygold Butter....
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Sizzling Prawns with Chilli & Garlic
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with 15g of the butter. Once the bu...
Pink Ombre Rosette Cake
Despite its showstopping appearance, this gorgeous ombré cake is actually quite...