Easy Caramel Rolls with Apples
- 1 loaf frozen sweet bread dough, thawed
- 10 tbsp softened (divided) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar (divided)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Recipe and image credit: Garnish with Lemon
- Thaw dough according to package instructions.
- Spray a 20x30 cm baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- When dough is thawed, roll out to a 30x40 cm rectangle. Spread 2 tablespoons of the softened butter on top of dough and then evenly sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and apples.
- Starting from the shorter side, roll the dough up jelly roll style being sure to get all of the apple pieces inside.
- Once completely rolled, use a serrated knife to cut into 9 equal pieces.
- In a small pan melt 8 tablespoons of butter and add 1 cup brown sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved and whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- Pour sauce in the prepared pan and sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top.
- Place rolls on top of caramel sauce.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Rolls should be double in size in the morning.
- Remove rolls from refrigerator one hour before baking. (rolls will continue to rise)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Bake rolls for 30 minutes.
- Let the rolls cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes and then invert onto parchment paper. Serve warm.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Snoek Basted with Butter, Orange and Apricot Jam
Recipe by @drizzleanddip B...
Serves 1 small – medium snoek (serves 6 – 10 depending on size)
Eclairs with Peppermint Crisp Tart Filling
For the Choux Pastry Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare your baking t...
Use blackberries instead of raspberries in the autumn or a mixture of berries at...
Trout Burger with Spicy Lemon Butter Sauce
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaak (@my_homemade_kitchen_za)...
Recipe by Landi Govender (@thetockablog) For the Doughnuts W...
Pressed Flower Shortbread Cookies
These delicate cookies make for a beautiful edible gift. They have a rich and bu...
Serves Approximately 30 Biscuits
Brioche Burger with Spinach and Pear
1. Melt the butter in batches in the pan then toast the rolls in it one after th...