For the Base
- 200g Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
- 70g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
For the Cheesecake
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 500g Full-Cream Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 180g Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 125ml Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Flour
For the Ganache
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Milk and Dark Chocolate Curls (Optional)
For the Base:
- Line the base and sides of 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and cocoa and mix again until completely combined.
- Press the base into the prepared tin and push down well with the bottom of a drinking glass. Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool completely. Reduce the oven temperature to 140°C.
For the Cheesecake:
- To make the cheesecake, finely chop the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Use a stand or electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and castor sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla extract, sour cream and then the eggs, one at a time. Beat together until smooth. Stir in the flour.
- Gently fold in the melted chocolate and pour the mixture over the biscuit base. Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour or until it is set at the edges but the middle is slightly wobbly. Turn the oven off and open the door a crack, and leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
For the Ganache:
- To make the ganache topping, finely chop the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter and milk. Place over a pan of simmering water and stir gently until melted and smooth.
- Remove the cheesecake from tin and place onto a serving platter. Pour the ganache over the cold cheesecake, using a spatula to spread it evenly, allowing some to flow over the edges a little. Decorate with chocolate curls if desired.
- Before serving, let the cheesecake come to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Cheese & Tomato Macaroni with Broccoli
This is a great option for anyone who loves macaroni and cheese without all of t...
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Kabsa is an ancient rice dish that is traditionally served mostly in the Middle...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...