- 450g (1lb) potatoes, cut into cubes
- 200g (7oz) (1 cup) canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 spring onions or scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 50g (2oz) (½ cup) Kerrygold Cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 50g (2oz) (1 cup) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 25g (1oz) (2 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sweet chilli sauce and steamed French green beans, to serve
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and mash well, then fold in the tuna, spring onions or scallions, parsley, sour cream and cheese. Season to taste. Divide into eight portions and shape into triangles using two palette knives or into small patties.
- Dust the fish triangles with flour and then dip in the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan with the butter. Add the tuna fish triangles and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, arrange the crispy tuna fish triangles on warmed plates with a spoonful of sweet chilli sauce and some French green beans.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chilli Cheese Nuggets
Roughly cut the cheese into pieces. Place the cheese pieces in a pot on the lowe...
Cheddar Quesadillas with Flank Steak and Chimichurri
It is best to prepare the chimichurri one to two days in advance. To do this, ch...
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30x20cm baking tin with...
Hearty Irish Stew
Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4. Place the flour in a shallow dish...
Butter Chicken Bunny Chow
Recipe by: Imtiyaaz Hart (@imtiyaazhart) For the Marinade...
7 Veg Chilli Con Carne
This chilli recipe is a family favourite and can be made in big batches and froz...