- 450g (1lb) potatoes, cut into cubes
- 200g (7oz) (1 cup) canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 spring onions or scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 50g (2oz) (½ cup) Kerrygold Cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 50g (2oz) (1 cup) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 25g (1oz) (2 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sweet chilli sauce and steamed French green beans, to serve
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and mash well, then fold in the tuna, spring onions or scallions, parsley, sour cream and cheese. Season to taste. Divide into eight portions and shape into triangles using two palette knives or into small patties.
- Dust the fish triangles with flour and then dip in the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan with the butter. Add the tuna fish triangles and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, arrange the crispy tuna fish triangles on warmed plates with a spoonful of sweet chilli sauce and some French green beans.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roasted Leg of Lamb with Roasted Hasselback Potatoes
Recipe by: Thabitha Makwakwa (@thabitha_chef) For the Roast Lamb...
Steamed Fragrant Rice
This recipe uses basmati rice, the undisputed queen of rice. It actually triples...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
Cheesecake with Cranberries
Grease a round springform. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hollow in the c...