This isn’t your typical lasagna... It’s a creamy, cheesy butternut squash lasagna! It’s gooey, creamy and slightly sweet from the butternut squash. We have a little secret about how to make the best butternut squash…a buttery little secret.
- In a large 10” skillet, add the butter over medium-low heat and melt.
- Add the butternut squash and cook low and slow, stirring occasionally until golden brown. (It will seem like too much butter at first, but the squash will soak it up. Once the squash is fully cooked, it will start to caramelize around the edges).
- When the squash is done, quickly add the sage leaves to the pan and saute briefly to release the aroma.
- Add the squash, sage leaves, salt, pepper, and ricotta to the bowl of a food processor, and puree until chunky and coarsely chopped…some pieces of squash remaining are fine.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and have ready.
- Spray a 9x5” bread loaf pan with cooking spray. Add half of the heavy cream to the bottom of the pan and tilt to evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add one lasagna sheet and break up another sheet to fill any gaps.
- Add half of the pureed lasagna mixture on top of the noodle, followed by one-third of the cheese. Repeat. Finish with one final lasagna noodle, drizzled with the remaining half of the cream and cheese.
- Order of layers: noodle with cream, butternut squash, cheese, noodle, butternut squash, cheese, noodle with cream, cheese.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Orange Biscotti
METHOD Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Beat toge...
Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs with Capers
Instructions Preheat the oven to 400. Spray th...
Milk Tart Thumbprint Cookies
Recipe by: @ate.kitchen For the Thumbprint Cookies...
Rosemary & Maple Syrup Butter
To make the butter, chop the rosemary leaves very finely and add to a smal...
Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween...