This isn’t your typical lasagna... It’s a creamy, cheesy butternut squash lasagna! It’s gooey, creamy and slightly sweet from the butternut squash. We have a little secret about how to make the best butternut squash…a buttery little secret.
- In a large 10” skillet, add the butter over medium-low heat and melt.
- Add the butternut squash and cook low and slow, stirring occasionally until golden brown. (It will seem like too much butter at first, but the squash will soak it up. Once the squash is fully cooked, it will start to caramelize around the edges).
- When the squash is done, quickly add the sage leaves to the pan and saute briefly to release the aroma.
- Add the squash, sage leaves, salt, pepper, and ricotta to the bowl of a food processor, and puree until chunky and coarsely chopped…some pieces of squash remaining are fine.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and have ready.
- Spray a 9x5” bread loaf pan with cooking spray. Add half of the heavy cream to the bottom of the pan and tilt to evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add one lasagna sheet and break up another sheet to fill any gaps.
- Add half of the pureed lasagna mixture on top of the noodle, followed by one-third of the cheese. Repeat. Finish with one final lasagna noodle, drizzled with the remaining half of the cream and cheese.
- Order of layers: noodle with cream, butternut squash, cheese, noodle, butternut squash, cheese, noodle with cream, cheese.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Gnocchi and Cheese Casserole
1. Peel the onion and garlic and dice both finely. Heat up the butter in a sauce...
Cheesy Bobotie Bun Bake
To make the buns: Place the flour, sugar and salt in...
7 Veg Chilli Con Carne
This chilli recipe is a family favourite and can be made in big batches and froz...
Chilli Cheese Nuggets
Roughly cut the cheese into pieces. Place the cheese pieces in a pot on the lowe...
Kerrygold Santa Claus Cookies
1. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and quickly knead by hand or using t...