- Place potatoes and onion in a large Dutch oven and add enough chicken broth to cover potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring pot to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Use an immersion blender or potato masher to get soup to desired consistency.
- Add milk and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Reserve ½ cup of Kerrygold Aged Cheddar for topping.
- Add remaining cheese by the handful and stir until completely melted. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes to let flavours meld.
- Ladle into bowls and divide the bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese between the bowls.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pizza Bianco with Prosciutto, Nectarines, Thyme and Honey
The creamy ricotta and mature Kerrygold Cheddar with thyme create a deliciou...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Heart Tart with Raspberry Cream
For the Dough Mix the flour together with the egg, butter and vanilla...
Baked Pears with Pecans & Maple Syrup
This dessert is perfect for a cold winter’s day and of course you could use ho...
Eclairs with Peppermint Crisp Tart Filling
For the Choux Pastry Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare your baking t...