- Place potatoes and onion in a large Dutch oven and add enough chicken broth to cover potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring pot to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Use an immersion blender or potato masher to get soup to desired consistency.
- Add milk and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Reserve ½ cup of Kerrygold Aged Cheddar for topping.
- Add remaining cheese by the handful and stir until completely melted. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes to let flavours meld.
- Ladle into bowls and divide the bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese between the bowls.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Summer Pasta Bake
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Pre-heat your oven to 22...
Chicken, Spinach and Pesto Wrap
Place wrap on chopping board. Spread pesto on a wrap with the back of a spoo...
Perfect Rosemary Roast Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6. Cut the potato...
Savory Ham, Cheese and Chive Waffles
Satisfy your guests’ savory cravings at brunch with these cheese-, ham- an...
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
Butternut Squash Lasagna for Two
This isn’t your typical lasagna... It’s a...