For the chocolate brownies:
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 100g Kerrygold Naturally Softer Irish Butter
- 4 free-range eggs
- 200g muscovado sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 100g pecans, roughly chopped
For the chocolate mousse:
- 250g good quality chocolate
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 6 eggs egg whites
- 100ml cream
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 tbsps orange blossom water
For the rest of the trifle:
- 500ml cream
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 1 orange
- 50g dark chocolate curls or flakes
- 50g pecans, chopped
- Start by making the brownies. Preheat the oven to 180oC/Gas 4 and grease a 30x20cm/12x8in tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir gently until smooth then set aside to cool slightly. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Whisk the chocolate and butter mix into the eggs then gently fold in the flour and chopped pecans until fully incorporated. Pour into the prepared tin, smooth the surface then bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until the sheet of brownies are firm in the rim but a bit soft in the middle. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack until cooled completely.
- While the brownies are cooling make the chocolate mousse. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted stir in the cocoa powder then remove from the heat and stir in the cream and orange blossom water. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl, and halfway through whisk in the sugar bit by bit, continue to whisk until stiff. Then gently fold them into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour the orange blossom water into the cream and whisk together, until softly whipped.
- Assemble the trifle. Break pieces of the cooled chocolate pecan brownie and add half of them to your trifle bowl, to create the first layer. Then spoon half of the chocolate mousse on top, followed by the orange blossom cream, repeat with another layer and sprinkle the chopped pecans and chocolate curls on top.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Salted Caramel Sauce
To make the caramel sauce, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a sauc...
Chicken Pasta Soup and Cheesy Breadsticks
Chicken Pasta Soup Heat butter and brown pieces of chicken carcass...
Heart Burger with Rocket and Paprika Chutney
For the Chutney Peel and finely dice the onion and peppers. Heat some...
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30x20cm baking tin with...
Baked Aubergine with Tomato & Cheese
This is one vegetarian dish that even meat lovers will enjoy. Its origins are in...
Gnocchi and Cheese Casserole
1. Peel the onion and garlic and dice both finely. Heat up the butter in a sauce...