- 250g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 8 ears of corn
For the Spiced Butter1. Ensure that the butter has softened to room temperature, preferably overnight (do not melt).
2. Chop the butter into small pieces and add to a mixing bowl with all the other ingredients (adjust the spice level to your taste).
3. Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
4. Place the mixture onto a piece of plastic or wax wrap and roll tightly into a sausage shape.
5. Place in the fridge until ready to use (at least two hours).
For the Grilled Corn on the Cob / Braaied Mielies1. Place the corn into a pot of salted boiling water and gently boil for around 10 - 15 minutes.
2. Drain and set aside until the fire is ready.
3. Place half the butter into a microwave-safe bowl and melt for a few seconds.
4. Place the corn/mielies onto a grid over the coals and baste regularly with the melted spiced butter, turning them every few minutes.
5. Grill for around 10 minutes until they have some colour all around, then remove and serve with another slice of spiced butter.
Notes: the butter is super versatile and lasts in the fridge for quite some time. It also works wonderfully as a marinade or a rub on meat or fish or adds wonderful flavour to roast veggies or potatoes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Smoked Haddock Chowder
Get ready to chow down with this delicious smoked haddock chowder, best served w...
Chocolate Pecan Brownie Trifle with Orange Blossom Cream
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Start by making the brow...
Savory Ham, Cheese and Chive Waffles
Satisfy your guests’ savory cravings at brunch with these cheese-, ham- an...
Cheesy Bobotie Bun Bake
To make the buns: Place the flour, sugar and salt in...
Hot Cross Buns with Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe by Thabitha Makwakwa (@thabitha_chef) For the Hot Cross B...
Flatbread with Kerrygold Cheddar, Apples and Bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Top the naan crust with t...