- 6 tbsp (room temperature) Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk (white reserved for another use)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup caramel bits
- flaky sea salt, for topping cookies
Did you know that you’re just 15 minutes away from warm, chewy salted caramel cookies? This recipe makes a small batch, just 1 dozen cookies, because self-control is weakened by such ingredients as caramel, Kerrygold butter, and flaky sea salt.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, and line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat. (Silicone mats help cookies cook evenly and slows the spreading a bit. If you don’t have one, line your pan with two layers of parchment paper, and shorten the baking time by 1 minute).
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer on high for about 20 seconds. Add the sugars and continue beating.
- Next, add the egg yolk and vanilla, and beat until well-combined.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and caramel bits over the dough, and fold to combine everything.
- Scoop out 12 dough balls onto the cookie sheet (leave them in little mounds, do not flatten), and bake for 10-12 minutes. Don’t be afraid of a little color on the cookies. The edges should be noticeably brown before removing them from the oven, and the tops may appear puffy and pale. The cookies will flatten and crackle as they cool (delicious!)
- Enjoy WARM right out of the oven. If you have leftover cookies, heat them for 7 seconds in the microwave to soften caramel before eating.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Lemon Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
Preheat the oven to 180° and grease a 15cm round cake pan....
Heart Burger with Rocket and Paprika Chutney
For the Chutney Peel and finely dice the onion and peppers. Heat some...
This is a really tasty way of serving fish and one that all of the family is sur...
Grilled Salmon with Lemon & Herb Butter Sauce
For the Sauce Melt the Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter in a pan...
Bacon and Cheddar Potato Soup
Peel the potatoes and onion and cut both into cubes. Now cut the bacon into stri...
Chicken Tikka Breyani
Combine the chicken with yoghurt and spices and allow to marinate for at lea...