- 100g(4oz) (½ cup) caster sugar
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 firm ripe peaches,halved and stoned
- 50g (2oz) (8 tbsp) Kerrygold butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Good pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of the sugar into the base of a heavy-based pan and scatter the pistachio nuts on top. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is a golden colour.
- Immediately pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and leave to cool and harden. It is essential that you do this quickly as the sugar turns from golden to black in seconds.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches cut side up in an ovenproof dish that just fits them snugly.
- Mix together the butter, remaining sugar and the cinnamon in a bowl and then divide between the peaches, placing a small amount into the cavity left by the stone.
- Place under the grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky and golden, basting occasionally.
- Transfer the peaches onto plates and add a dollop of yoghurt to each one. Roughly break up the pistachio brittle and scatter on top to serve.
This dessert is packed full of different textures that you get in one mouthful! The sweet, sticky peaches with cool, creamy yoghurt and crisp nutty brittle...who needs whipped cream? It is sure to delight all of your guests and will leave no one feeling that they haven’t indulged.
Festive Pumpkin and Ginger Cake with Salted Caramel Icing
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c 2. Line and grease 4 cake tins. 3....