- 450g plain flour, extra for dusting
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g chilled and diced Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g cheddar, grated
1. Heat up the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add in your grated cheese.
3. Dig a little well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk and beaten egg. With a tablespoon, quickly but gently stir in the liquid until it’s soft but not sticky.
4. Dust down your work surface with some flour. Turn the dough out and pat into a circle about 2.5cm (1in) thick.
5. With a cutter or sharp knife, carve up the dough into 5 cm (2in) shapes.
6. Pop the scones onto a nonstick baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg.
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until they rise to a delicious shade of golden brown.
8. Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack, then serve up with Kerrygold!
Chicken & Waffles with Maple and Bacon Butter
1. Slice each chicken breast into four strips on the diagonal to increase sur...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...
Spring Vegetable Risotto
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the butter and the olive oil over a...