- 450g plain flour, extra for dusting
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g chilled and diced Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g cheddar, grated
1. Heat up the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add in your grated cheese.
3. Dig a little well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk and beaten egg. With a tablespoon, quickly but gently stir in the liquid until it’s soft but not sticky.
4. Dust down your work surface with some flour. Turn the dough out and pat into a circle about 2.5cm (1in) thick.
5. With a cutter or sharp knife, carve up the dough into 5 cm (2in) shapes.
6. Pop the scones onto a nonstick baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg.
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until they rise to a delicious shade of golden brown.
8. Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack, then serve up with Kerrygold!
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Kerrygold Shortbread Easter Egg Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 2. Rub butter and sug...
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan heat the butter over a medium heat and...
Cheddar, Sriracha Bacon Jam and Fried Egg Open Sandwiches
For the Bacon Jam:...