- 450g plain flour, extra for dusting
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g chilled and diced Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g cheddar, grated
1. Heat up the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add in your grated cheese.
3. Dig a little well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk and beaten egg. With a tablespoon, quickly but gently stir in the liquid until it’s soft but not sticky.
4. Dust down your work surface with some flour. Turn the dough out and pat into a circle about 2.5cm (1in) thick.
5. With a cutter or sharp knife, carve up the dough into 5 cm (2in) shapes.
6. Pop the scones onto a nonstick baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg.
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until they rise to a delicious shade of golden brown.
8. Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack, then serve up with Kerrygold!
Chocolate Hazelnut Challah
1. In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, add the bread flour, butter...
Kerrygold Easy Peasy Fishcakes
Firstly, put your potatoes on to boil and then pop another saucepan o...
Festive Pumpkin and Ginger Cake with Salted Caramel Icing
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c 2. Line and grease 4 cake tins. 3....