- 450g plain flour, extra for dusting
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g chilled and diced Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g cheddar, grated
1. Heat up the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add in your grated cheese.
3. Dig a little well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk and beaten egg. With a tablespoon, quickly but gently stir in the liquid until it’s soft but not sticky.
4. Dust down your work surface with some flour. Turn the dough out and pat into a circle about 2.5cm (1in) thick.
5. With a cutter or sharp knife, carve up the dough into 5 cm (2in) shapes.
6. Pop the scones onto a nonstick baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg.
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until they rise to a delicious shade of golden brown.
8. Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack, then serve up with Kerrygold!
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious...
Chargrilled Chicken Skewers with Avocado, Coriander and Lime Butter
1. In a large bowl, add the chicken, spices, oil, lime juice and season gener...