- For the chicken wings:
- 500g chicken wings
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- For the buttery sriracha sauce:
- 250g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 400ml sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 100g gherkins (finely Chopped)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- For the lime mint yogurt dip:
- 200ml of natural yoghurt
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of mint
- To serve:
- Cucumber sticks
- Preheat the oven to 230°C & heat a deep fryer (or air fryer) to 180°C.
- Pat the chicken wings with paper towels to ensure you remove all of the moisture, then place the chicken wings into a large bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking powder, plain flour, corn flour, cumin, garlic powder and salt
- Toss the chicken wings through the mixture ensuring all of the chicken wings are evenly coated
- Next, add the chicken to a deep fryer (or saucepan with oil) until they are browned and crispy
- Once the wings are slightly browned, arrange them evenly on a wire rack, leaving about 1-inch of space between each wing
- Bake the wings for approx. 10 minutes & ensure to flip the wings and cook for a further 5-10 minutes on the other side, cook the winds until they have a crisp texture and golden brown colour
- While the wings are cooking, melt the butter and whisk in the hot sauce, honey, shallots and gherkins
- Once the wings are cooked, toss the wings in the hot sauce mix & ensure they are evenly coated
- To make your yoghurt dipping sauce, mix together the natural yoghurt, lime juice, salt, mint and set aside
- The wings are best served immediately with some cucumber sticks and the lime and yoghurt mint dressing
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Rory O’Connell’s Ginger, Lemon and Turmeric Cake
Rory O' Connell makes the most delicious ginger, lemon & turmeric cake. T...
Lamb Shank Broth
Paul Flynn's lamb shank broth serves 6. Preheat the oven to 1...
Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes
Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large bowl or the bowl of a...