- For the cakes:
- 230g room temperature Kerrygold® Unsalted Irish Butter 227g
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs (L)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 270g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For the filling and whipped topping:
- 170g cream cheese
- 150g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 360g cream
- Fresh strawberries cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition to incorporate. Add the vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined and fold in any unincorporated bits. Lightly grease mini muffin or cheesecake tins and fill each cup 2/3 of the way with batter. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the pan and then carefully remove each cake to cool completely.
- When ready to decorate and serve, use a paring knife to core out the center of each cake. Fill a piping bag with the jam and pipe jam into the center of each cake. Set aside while you prepare your topping.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the extract and salt. Slowly drizzle the cream into the bowl while the mixer is on and whip until stiff peaks form. Fill a piping bag with the topping and pipe on top of each cake, covering the jam filling completely.
- Top with quartered strawberries just before serving. Enjoy at a cool room temperature but store in the fridge.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pa...
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9 x...
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...