- 350g high quality mincemeat, preferably homemade
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 40g golden caster sugar
- 125g Kerrygold butter diced
- 1 large free range egg, beaten
- Milk to glaze
- Lightly butter a 12-hole pie or patty tin
- Tip the mincemeat into a bowl and stir so that the liquid is evenly distributed
- Place the flour, sugar, and butter in a food processor and process briefly until resembling breadcrumbs, then tip into a bowl and stir in the egg
- Bring the mixture together using your hands, wrap in cling film and chill for an hour or so
- Thinly roll out the pastry on a floured surface
- Cut out 12 circles with a fluted pastry cutter, large enough to fill the base of the prepared tin
- Press gently into each hole, then fill with the mincemeat
- Cut out another 12 slightly smaller discs and use to cover the mincemeat
- Press the edges together to seal
- Make a small slit in the top of each, then brush lightly with milk. Chill for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200C and bake the pies for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Remove to a wire rack and serve warm.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These delicious cookies can be packed into cellophane bags and tied with rib...
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Method Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6. Heat the o...