- 1 Turkey
- 170g Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Parsley stalks
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 butter muslin
The secret weapon for a deliciously moist turkey is a piece of fine cotton going by the glorious name "butter muslin", available in most kitchen shops. So easy it almost seems too good to be true - but it's gorgeous, a crunchy golden skin and moist meat beneath.
- Weigh the turkey and calculate the appropriate cooking time.
- Set the oven to 180C and stuff the turkey.
- Melt 170g Kerrygold butter and soak the large piece of butter muslin in it, until all the butter has been absorbed.
- Season the turkey well with salt and pepper.
- Place it in a large roasting tray and add 1/2 an onion, 2 bay leaves, and a few parsley stalks.
- Drape the muslin over the turkey, completely covering it with a double layer of muslin.
- Roast in the oven for the time calculated (a 12lb turkey should take 3 - 3 1/2 hours).
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Nettle Soup with pumpkin seed oil
Wash the nettles and chop them finely. Melt the...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Linguine with Prawns
Starring in our Memories in the Making TV advert, this simple easy dish is on...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...