- 1 Turkey
- 170g Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Parsley stalks
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 butter muslin
The secret weapon for a deliciously moist turkey is a piece of fine cotton going by the glorious name "butter muslin", available in most kitchen shops. So easy it almost seems too good to be true - but it's gorgeous, a crunchy golden skin and moist meat beneath.
- Weigh the turkey and calculate the appropriate cooking time.
- Set the oven to 180C and stuff the turkey.
- Melt 170g Kerrygold butter and soak the large piece of butter muslin in it, until all the butter has been absorbed.
- Season the turkey well with salt and pepper.
- Place it in a large roasting tray and add 1/2 an onion, 2 bay leaves, and a few parsley stalks.
- Drape the muslin over the turkey, completely covering it with a double layer of muslin.
- Roast in the oven for the time calculated (a 12lb turkey should take 3 - 3 1/2 hours).
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...
Easy One Tray Chicken Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...