- 1 Turkey
- 170g Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Parsley stalks
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 butter muslin
The secret weapon for a deliciously moist turkey is a piece of fine cotton going by the glorious name "butter muslin", available in most kitchen shops. So easy it almost seems too good to be true - but it's gorgeous, a crunchy golden skin and moist meat beneath.
- Weigh the turkey and calculate the appropriate cooking time.
- Set the oven to 180C and stuff the turkey.
- Melt 170g Kerrygold butter and soak the large piece of butter muslin in it, until all the butter has been absorbed.
- Season the turkey well with salt and pepper.
- Place it in a large roasting tray and add 1/2 an onion, 2 bay leaves, and a few parsley stalks.
- Drape the muslin over the turkey, completely covering it with a double layer of muslin.
- Roast in the oven for the time calculated (a 12lb turkey should take 3 - 3 1/2 hours).
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
SPRING ONION POTATO CAKES
Begin by boiling the potatoes until soft. Next, ma...
Kerrygold Fish Pie
Preheat the oven to 200c and grate the raw potatoes with the larger p...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9 x...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Stain Glass Window Cookies
This recipe makes 20 of Shane Smith's stain glass window cookies:...