- 1 Turkey
- 170g Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Parsley stalks
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 butter muslin
The secret weapon for a deliciously moist turkey is a piece of fine cotton going by the glorious name "butter muslin", available in most kitchen shops. So easy it almost seems too good to be true - but it's gorgeous, a crunchy golden skin and moist meat beneath.
- Weigh the turkey and calculate the appropriate cooking time.
- Set the oven to 180C and stuff the turkey.
- Melt 170g Kerrygold butter and soak the large piece of butter muslin in it, until all the butter has been absorbed.
- Season the turkey well with salt and pepper.
- Place it in a large roasting tray and add 1/2 an onion, 2 bay leaves, and a few parsley stalks.
- Drape the muslin over the turkey, completely covering it with a double layer of muslin.
- Roast in the oven for the time calculated (a 12lb turkey should take 3 - 3 1/2 hours).
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...
Cheesy Potato Soup
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fit...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...