- Cut the lamb meat into cubes. Cut the bacon into strips crosswise.
- Heat the frying fat and the Kerrygold Butter in a large saucepan.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and remove from the pan.
- Brown the cubed lamb pieces.
- Spread half of the potato slices, carrots and onion in a saucepan (24 cm diameter) with a heavy base.
- Season with pepper. Add half of the bacon.
- Place the cubed meat on the vegetables and bacon.
- Cover the meat with the remaining potatoes, onion and bacon.
- Add the stock and thyme to cover the mixture well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for approx. 1 -1.5 hours until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....
Chicken Liver PÂTÉ with Balsamic Vinegar & Capers
This chicken liver pâté is full of gutsy flavours and is a wonderful star...
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...