- Cut the lamb meat into cubes. Cut the bacon into strips crosswise.
- Heat the frying fat and the Kerrygold Butter in a large saucepan.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and remove from the pan.
- Brown the cubed lamb pieces.
- Spread half of the potato slices, carrots and onion in a saucepan (24 cm diameter) with a heavy base.
- Season with pepper. Add half of the bacon.
- Place the cubed meat on the vegetables and bacon.
- Cover the meat with the remaining potatoes, onion and bacon.
- Add the stock and thyme to cover the mixture well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for approx. 1 -1.5 hours until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Farmette’s Fine Fettle Flapjacks
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Herb & Chilli Butter on BBQ Prawns
Butter is one of the most versatile and widely used ingredients by chefs all ove...