- Cut the lamb meat into cubes. Cut the bacon into strips crosswise.
- Heat the frying fat and the Kerrygold Butter in a large saucepan.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and remove from the pan.
- Brown the cubed lamb pieces.
- Spread half of the potato slices, carrots and onion in a saucepan (24 cm diameter) with a heavy base.
- Season with pepper. Add half of the bacon.
- Place the cubed meat on the vegetables and bacon.
- Cover the meat with the remaining potatoes, onion and bacon.
- Add the stock and thyme to cover the mixture well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for approx. 1 -1.5 hours until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Easy One Tray Chicken Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
Kerrygold Shepherd’s Pie
Heat the oil a large, heavy-based pan and then add the onions, celer...
Roasted Carrots with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they n...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...