- Cut the lamb meat into cubes. Cut the bacon into strips crosswise.
- Heat the frying fat and the Kerrygold Butter in a large saucepan.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and remove from the pan.
- Brown the cubed lamb pieces.
- Spread half of the potato slices, carrots and onion in a saucepan (24 cm diameter) with a heavy base.
- Season with pepper. Add half of the bacon.
- Place the cubed meat on the vegetables and bacon.
- Cover the meat with the remaining potatoes, onion and bacon.
- Add the stock and thyme to cover the mixture well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for approx. 1 -1.5 hours until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Christmas Turkey
The secret weapon for a deliciously moist turkey is a piece of fine cotton go...
BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....