- Cut the lamb meat into cubes. Cut the bacon into strips crosswise.
- Heat the frying fat and the Kerrygold Butter in a large saucepan.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and remove from the pan.
- Brown the cubed lamb pieces.
- Spread half of the potato slices, carrots and onion in a saucepan (24 cm diameter) with a heavy base.
- Season with pepper. Add half of the bacon.
- Place the cubed meat on the vegetables and bacon.
- Cover the meat with the remaining potatoes, onion and bacon.
- Add the stock and thyme to cover the mixture well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for approx. 1 -1.5 hours until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chicken Pot Pie
Discover the ultimate comfort food hidden underneath a flaky buttery rough puff...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These delicious cookies can be packed into cellophane bags and tied with rib...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
Kerrygold Shepherd’s Pie
Heat the oil a large, heavy-based pan and then add the onions, celer...
French Toast (Pain Perdu)
Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and pou...