- 100g(4oz) (½ cup) caster sugar
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 firm ripe peaches,halved and stoned
- 50g (2oz) (8 tbsp) Kerrygold butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Good pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of the sugar into the base of a heavy-based pan and scatter the pistachio nuts on top. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is a golden colour.
- Immediately pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and leave to cool and harden. It is essential that you do this quickly as the sugar turns from golden to black in seconds.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches cut side up in an ovenproof dish that just fits them snugly.
- Mix together the butter, remaining sugar and the cinnamon in a bowl and then divide between the peaches, placing a small amount into the cavity left by the stone.
- Place under the grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky and golden, basting occasionally.
- Transfer the peaches onto plates and add a dollop of yoghurt to each one. Roughly break up the pistachio brittle and scatter on top to serve.
This dessert is packed full of different textures that you get in one mouthful! The sweet, sticky peaches with cool, creamy yoghurt and crisp nutty brittle...who needs whipped cream? It is sure to delight all of your guests and will leave no one feeling that they haven’t indulged.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Pressed Picnic Sandwich
Begin by combining the Kerrygold Spreadable and pesto in a small b...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Almond Roca Cake
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease two round cake tins and line with pa...
BAKED LEEK, PEA AND CHEDDAR RISOTTO
Paul Flynn's baked leek, pea and cheddar risotto serves 4. Pr...