- For the Samosas:
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 60g chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of Garam masala / curry powder
- 300g of left over potato
- 300g of left over carrots or squash
- 80g of frozen peas
- 1 packet of ready made filo
- 60g of ground almonds
- 3 tbsp of Sesame or Chia seeds
- Salt and pepper
- For the lime pickle yogurt:
- 35g of Spicy lime pickle
- 60g of Greek style yogurt
- For the carrot and ginger Salad:
- 3 whole carrots grated
- 20g of fresh ginger
- 30mls of olive oil
- 20mls of cider vinegar
- 35g of garden mint
To watch Jess Murphy cook this tasty dish, click here.
For the Samosas:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Fry off your chopped onions until golden brown
- Add your spices to your left over potatoes & mash together. Add in any other left over vegetables and peas after the potatoes are mashed
- Melt the butter and have your ground almonds at hand
- Slowly unfold the filo pastry so it’s rectangular in shape, brush the pastry with the melted butter and dust with the almonds.
- Once the filo is well buttered, add a dollop of your samosa mix (potato, veg & pea mix) and start folding into a triangle shape.
For the spice lime pickle yogurt:
- For the perfect dip, mix together the spicy lime pickles and Greek style yogurt
For the carrot and ginger salad:
- Grate the carrots & ginger, then mix together
- Add the mint, olive oil & cider vinegar to the mix & combine well
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
The Tasty Toasty
Preheat the oven to 180 C fan. Begin by buttering both sid...
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pa...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...