- For the Samosas:
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 60g chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of Garam masala / curry powder
- 300g of left over potato
- 300g of left over carrots or squash
- 80g of frozen peas
- 1 packet of ready made filo
- 60g of ground almonds
- 3 tbsp of Sesame or Chia seeds
- Salt and pepper
- For the lime pickle yogurt:
- 35g of Spicy lime pickle
- 60g of Greek style yogurt
- For the carrot and ginger Salad:
- 3 whole carrots grated
- 20g of fresh ginger
- 30mls of olive oil
- 20mls of cider vinegar
- 35g of garden mint
To watch Jess Murphy cook this tasty dish, click here.
For the Samosas:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Fry off your chopped onions until golden brown
- Add your spices to your left over potatoes & mash together. Add in any other left over vegetables and peas after the potatoes are mashed
- Melt the butter and have your ground almonds at hand
- Slowly unfold the filo pastry so it’s rectangular in shape, brush the pastry with the melted butter and dust with the almonds.
- Once the filo is well buttered, add a dollop of your samosa mix (potato, veg & pea mix) and start folding into a triangle shape.
For the spice lime pickle yogurt:
- For the perfect dip, mix together the spicy lime pickles and Greek style yogurt
For the carrot and ginger salad:
- Grate the carrots & ginger, then mix together
- Add the mint, olive oil & cider vinegar to the mix & combine well
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our...
Almond Roca Cake
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease two round cake tins and line with pa...
Sauteed Kale and Rainbow Chard with Pancetta and Toasted Almonds
Strip the tough stem out of the kale and r...