- 6 tartlet tins or 1 x 26 cm tart tin
- Piping bag
- For the pastry:
- 220g of flour
- 50g of sugar
- 100g dark chocolate
- pinch of salt
- 80g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- For the filling:
- 250ml of cream
- 80g of sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pack of powder gelatine
- 300g cream cheese
- 25g dark chocolate couverture
For the pastry:
- Melt the chocolate.
- Put the flour, cocoa, butter, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix with the chocolate.
- Knead the dough and chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- Divide the dough into six parts and press into the respective greased tins. Bake for 12 minutes, let cool.
For the filling:
- Add the cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a saucepan and heat.
- Soak the powdered gelatine in a little water and let it swell. As soon as the cream mixture is warm, stir in the gelatine.
- Finally, stir in the cream cheese. Put aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate couverture. Mix with a tablespoon of cream and cream cheese mixture and place in a piping bag, cut a small hole in the bag.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the tartlets.
- Using the chocolate mix, pipe a swirl starting at the centre of the tartlet until you get to the outside edge.
- Use a wooden stick to move through, and starting from the center of your swirl, lightly drag it in a straight line to the edge. Continue around the tartlet repeating that step and alternate pulling from the center out and then from the outside to the center to create the spider web pattern.
- Chill for four hours.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
SUMMER GARDEN HERB CHICKEN KIEV WITH CHEDDAR CRUMB
METHOD: Pre-heat the oven to 180c/ 350°F / gas mark 4....
Spiced Apple Butter Cake with Butterscotch Sauce
Method: Preheat the oven to 160°C . In a small sa...
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Roast Pork with Apple & Blackberries
Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas...
Roasted Carrots with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they n...