- 900g Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- 1.2l's chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 460ml milk
- 200g sour cream
- 250g mature cheddar, grated
- 6 slices streaky bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 spring onions, chopped
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fitting to take an Irish classic and make it into a quick but flavorful weeknight meal. The best part? It can be on the table in 30 minutes but tastes like it has been simmering all day. Add some crusty bread and a green salad and dinner is served! This soup freezes well, so why not make it ahead of time and freeze for busy nights on the run.
- Place potatoes and onion in a large pot and add enough chicken broth to cover potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bring pot to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or potato masher to get soup to desired consistency.
- Add milk and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Divide the cheese in half and reserve ½ for topping. Add remaining cheese by the handful and stir until completely melted.
- Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Ladle into bowls and divide the bacon, spring onions and cheddar cheese between the bowls.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Chocolate eclairs, an all-time classic with a twist - roasted hazelnuts add a lo...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Pear, cheddar & bacon sandwich
To poach the pears: Firstly you will need to p...
Farmette’s Milk Bread
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Cranberry and Stuffing Christmas Crackers
This recipe makes 8 of Shane Smith's cranberry & stuffing Christmas crack...