- 900g Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- 1.2l's chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 460ml milk
- 200g sour cream
- 250g mature cheddar, grated
- 6 slices streaky bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 spring onions, chopped
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fitting to take an Irish classic and make it into a quick but flavorful weeknight meal. The best part? It can be on the table in 30 minutes but tastes like it has been simmering all day. Add some crusty bread and a green salad and dinner is served! This soup freezes well, so why not make it ahead of time and freeze for busy nights on the run.
- Place potatoes and onion in a large pot and add enough chicken broth to cover potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bring pot to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or potato masher to get soup to desired consistency.
- Add milk and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Divide the cheese in half and reserve ½ for topping. Add remaining cheese by the handful and stir until completely melted.
- Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Ladle into bowls and divide the bacon, spring onions and cheddar cheese between the bowls.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
White Christmas Cake
Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line the t...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Jars
For the biscuit base, melt the butter and crush the digestives in a...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...