Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
- For the dough:
- 150g white chocolate
- 100g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- 50g sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 150g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150g yoghurt
- 100g salted macadamia nuts, chopped
- For the topping:
- 50g speculoos spice
- 30g condensed milk
- 20g brown sugar
- 10g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 150g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 40g icing sugar, sieved
- 100 g speculoos spread (or cookie butter)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (about 28 cm x 19 cm) with baking paper.
- For the dough, melt the chocolate on a water bath, stirring occasionally. Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir in the butter until it is completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse, dry and then zest the orange peel. Beat the eggs with sugar and honey until creamy. Add the chocolate mixture and ½ teaspoon of the orange peel and stir well.
- Add flour, spices and baking soda to the mixture and mix briefly with the hand mixer to make a smooth dough.
- Fold the yoghurt and the chopped nuts with a spoon. Pour the dough into the lined tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow the blondie to cool and release from the tin.
- For the topping, heat the condensed milk with brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan in a pan until all the ingredients have completely dissolved. Remove the pot from the oven. Carefully stir in the cinnamon, cloves and the ground speculoos. Allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- Then in a mixing bowl add the butter, sift in the icing sugar. Stir in the cooled speucloos mixture, vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix until a smooth cream is obtained.
- Cover the blondie with the topping and sprinkle with a little sea salt before serving.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mini Strawberry Ombre Cake
Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 6” round cake tin with 2" sid...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Serves 24 squares
Hassle back potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius. Take each potato...
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until melt...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Serves 6 - 8
Rory O’Connell’s Apple, Raisin and Whiskey Flan
Preheat the oven to 200c. Paint the edges and base of a 23...