Serves 8-12 hearts
- 225g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 100g (½ cup) caster sugar, extra to dredge
- 225g (1 cup) plain flour, sifted, extra for dusting
- 125g (1 cup) cornflour, sifted
- Freshly whipped cream
- Choice of fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserves only the finest butter and with Kerrygold you’re on to a winner. Delight someone you love with this refreshing dessert combining golden biscuit crunch with a dash of fresh cream and juicy berries. Light and delicious!
- Heat up the oven to 150°C (300°F), Gas Mark 2.
- Blend the butter and caster sugar in a food processor until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour and cornflour and blend briefly, until thoroughly combined.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Cut out the shapes using a heart shaped cutter.
- Place on a baking tray and leave in oven for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Leave for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, whip fresh cream and place the cream and some fresh berries in between two biscuits. Top with more berries and a dredge of icing sugar to finish.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Serves 16 squares
BAKED SMOKED MACKEREL OMELETTE WITH MELTED CHEESE
Paul Flynn's baked smoked mackerel omelette serves 2. Preheat...
Cheesy Potato Soup
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fit...
St. Patrick’s day themed Cupcakes
For the muffins: Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line a muffi...
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...
Hassle back potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius. Take each potato...