- 30g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 4 Large Swet potatoes, peels and cubed
- 2 Red onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 400g Tins of Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Red & 1 Green chilli, sliced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 400g tin of Chickpeas
- 1 400g Tin of Red Kidney beans, drained
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 300ml of Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Hot Cayenne Pepper
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan heat the butter over a medium heat and sweat down the red onion until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the butter to the pan before adding the sweet potatoes, chillies and Cayenne Pepper, fry in the butter for 3-4 minutes. Pour in the balsamic vinegar and allow to fully evaporate off.
- Pour in the Vegetable stock and tinned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Drain the kidney beans and chickpeas and add these in the pan and simmer for 5 mins before finishing the dish with chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
SPRING VEGETABLE RISOTTO
In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the butter and the olive oil o...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
Barbecue Potato Spice with Harissa Herbal Butter Dip
Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes....
Sweet Buttery Scones
Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F In a mixing bowl, mix...