- 2 garlic heads, separated into cloves and peeled
- 225ml (8fl oz) (1 cup) cream
- 150g (5oz) (1 cup) panko or toasted plain breadcrumbs
- 50g (2oz) ( ½ cup), grated, Kerrygold Dubliner
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 50g (2 oz) (4 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 24 open cup or large button mushrooms, stems removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Place the garlic and cream in a small heavy-based pan over a very low heat and simmer gently for about 45 minutes until the garlic is completely tender and the cream has reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally to make sure the bottom of the pan doesn’t catch and burn. Tedious but it’s worth the effort.
- Remove the garlic and cream mixture from the heat and mash to a rough purée with a fork. Season to taste and leave to cool, then stir in the panko or breadcrumbs and fold in the cheese and thyme.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and use to brush all over the mushrooms, except the gills, as the filling will cover that. Arrange the mushrooms on a non-stick baking sheet, top-side down and fill the centres with spoonfuls of the garlic cream and cheese mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through and the topping is golden brown.
- To serve, transfer the garlic stuffed mushrooms with cheese to warmed plates and arrange a little rocket salad to the side of each one.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rillettes make a ravis...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....