- 30g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 150g tomatoes, halved or quartered (we’ve used a mixture of cherry and heritage tomatoes)
- 3 eggs (L)
- 200g baked beans
- 100g new or baby potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Parboil the new potatoes for five minutes, then drain and slice in half.
- Heat half the butter in a large, frying pan over a medium–high heat. Gently fry the mushrooms, red peppers and parboiled potatoes for 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Once it has started to froth, scatter in the tomatoes and place in the oven to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle over the beans. Make three shallow wells in the mixture and crack in the eggs. Pop on a lid and cook further until the egg whites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve straightaway with some hot buttered toast.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Remove the stalks and place the apples in a bowl of boiling water, r...
MUSSELS COOKED WITH CREAM, CHORIZO, GARLIC AND FLAT – LEAF PARSLEY
Start by prepping the mussels. The shells should be tightly shut and...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
French toast with peaches and bacon
Paul Flynn's French Toast recipe requires ripe peaches, crisp streaky bacon, sof...
CRANBERRY & CHOCOLATE HOT CROSS BUNS
Soak the cranberries in juice of orange and warm the milk a little....
Cauliflower and St. Tola fritters
For the Fritters: Mash up the cauliflower, then add in the eggs, ch...