- 800g carrots
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 140g Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F), gas mark 4
- Peel the carrots and cut into even sized batons.
- Put the butter in a small bowl and add the shallot, garlic, thyme and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until well mixed together.
- Take a large double sheet of parchment paper (or use a single sheet in tin foil), put half of the butter on the base of the parchment and pile the carrot batons in the middle.
- Dot with the herby butter and drizzle over a couple of tablespoons of water, then season with freshly ground black pepper. Fold in the sides of the parcel to enclose the carrots by bringing up the sides, folding over and twisting the edges.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour until the carrots are completely tender and beginning to caramelise around the edges of the parcel.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween...
Valentine Raspberry Hearts
For the Dough: Preheat the oven to 180 °C For the doug...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Barbeque Shrimp ‘n’ Grits Asian Style
To prepare: Light the barbeque an hour before grilling to make sure it is nic...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...