At home with Kerrygold
pan fried sea bream
- 80g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot (M, finely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 100ml white wine
- Half a lemon
- Veg of choice, as a side
- 15g capers
- Salt & black pepper
- 50ml water
- Start the sauce first. Add you wine, shallots, bay leaf and thyme into a pot and set it to a medium heat. (It should reduce by half)
- Put your chosen veg into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and either place on a hot griddle pan, or into a wok/frying pan. Leave to char and cook for about 3/4 minutes.
- While your veg are cooking, lightly season the fish with salt on both sides, turn the pan on to high and when it's smoking, add in about 2 tablespoons of oil and place in the fish, (away from you to avoid spatters). Once its in, leave for about 30 seconds on high heat then turn it down to medium /low to avoid it burning.
- Once the reduction for the sauce has reduced by half, add in 50mls of water, leave to simmer for 30 seconds then turn the heat to low. Start to swirl/whisk in 60g of cubed, cold Kerrygold butter. Finish the sauce with the chopped capers and whatever soft herbs you have -(e.g parsley and chives, but iyou don't have fresh herbs you can use dried parsley/dill/chives etc )
- When the fish has turned white on the edges and still a bit opaque down the middle, put 20g butter into the pan around it, let it melt, when it starts to foam, tilt the pan towards you slightly, start to spoon the foaming butter over the fish - this is called 'basting' . Turn off the heat and leave to one side. (It will stay cooking from the residual heat).
- Take the charred veg out of the pan and put back into a bowl, dress with a little lemon juice.
- Plate it up, enjoy.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmas Turkey butters
Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the back...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rillettes make a ravis...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Serves 16 squares
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe...
CHOCOLATE AND CREAM TARTLETS
For the Pastry Melt the chocolate. Put the flour, cocoa...
CRANBERRY & CHOCOLATE HOT CROSS BUNS
Soak the cranberries in juice of orange and warm the milk a little....
Serves Makes 12 Buns