- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170C Fan/ Gas 5
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until it is light and pale in colour
- Scrape down the sides and add the egg yolk and vanilla. Then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sieve in the flour, corn flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined, leaving a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls (you can freeze the dough at this point if you wish to make a smaller batch)
- Roll the dough between your hands to smooth out and place these balls on lined baking trays. Allow some distance between each cookie as they will spread during cooking
- Using the back of a teaspoon or a clean thumb, press into the center of each cookie leaving a large indent. This will hold your jam (Make sure there are no cracks as the jam will leak out)
- Place these into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up or in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Once rested and cold, spoon some berry jam into the center of each cookie
- Place these into the pre heated oven and bake for 11 minutes
- Once lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool (Please take care at this point as the jam is extremely hot)
- While the cookies are cooling, whisk together the icing sugar and water to make a thick paste
- Using a fork you can drizzle the icing over the cooled down cookies and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
chocolate Chip, Buttercream Cookie sandwich
Shane's Smith's Chocoalte Chip, Buttercream Cookie sandwich recipe is not just f...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with cheese
Our national treasure deserves a revival every now and again. Looking back to by...