- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170C Fan/ Gas 5
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until it is light and pale in colour
- Scrape down the sides and add the egg yolk and vanilla. Then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sieve in the flour, corn flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined, leaving a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls (you can freeze the dough at this point if you wish to make a smaller batch)
- Roll the dough between your hands to smooth out and place these balls on lined baking trays. Allow some distance between each cookie as they will spread during cooking
- Using the back of a teaspoon or a clean thumb, press into the center of each cookie leaving a large indent. This will hold your jam (Make sure there are no cracks as the jam will leak out)
- Place these into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up or in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Once rested and cold, spoon some berry jam into the center of each cookie
- Place these into the pre heated oven and bake for 11 minutes
- Once lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool (Please take care at this point as the jam is extremely hot)
- While the cookies are cooling, whisk together the icing sugar and water to make a thick paste
- Using a fork you can drizzle the icing over the cooled down cookies and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favorite when it comes to desserts. Try our twi...
Kerrygold Chicken Wings
Preparation time: 15 minutes Baking time: approx. 40-55 minutes Pr...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Ultimate Crisp Sandwich
Cut the bread along its length and spread generously with the butter...
French toast with peaches and bacon
Paul Flynn's French Toast recipe requires ripe peaches, crisp streaky bacon, sof...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...