- 450g floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper, peeled
- 250g smoked haddock fillets, skinless
- 250g salmon fillets, skinless
- 100g prawns
- 450ml milk
- 60g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 30g melted Kerrygold Spreadable Salted Butter
- 60g flour
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 60g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, cut in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Grate the raw potatoes with the larger part of a box grater and place the grated potato into a bowl of cold water to stop them from going brown. Grate the cheddar using the same side of the grater and set aside in a bowl.
- Place the smoked haddock and the salmon in a saucepan, pour over the milk and drop in the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cook over a low heat for five minutes, then drain, holding on to the milk but discarding the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns. Then add the fish to your roasting tray.
- Melt 60g of butter in a saucepan then stir in the flour and cook for five minutes to make a roux. Add the milk that you poached the fish in as well as the mustard, and beat, until the sauce is smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper, add in half the dill and pour over the fish.
- Drain the grated potatoes and pat dry with a clean tea towel until they are completely dry. Mix the grated potatoes in a bowl with the grated cheddar, the rest of the dill and sea salt and scatter over the fish and the sauce.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and brush over the top of the pie to ensure the top gets really crispy. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH PEAS, RADISHES AND MINT
Place the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water and add 1 ta...
Peek A Boo Cookies
This recipe by Shane Smith makes 12 cookie sandwiches. Preheat your...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
PANCAKES WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tr...
Sweet Buttery Scones
Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F In a mixing bowl, mix...