- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (M)
- 100ml milk
- 50g chocolate chips
- 100g butter
- 1 bottle of maple syrup
- For the maple butter, whip 50ml of the maple syrup and butter together. Leave in the fridge until ready.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder and sugar and whisk together to incorporate.
- In a jug, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour this gradually into the flour mix, whisking continuously; you should have a lovely thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a good splash of oil. Once the oil is hot, keep at a medium temperature and using a tablespoon, spoon in 3 lots of mixture. You won’t fit any more in, as they will spread a little and rise.
- Cook on one side for a minute, bubbles will start to form on the raw side. Flip over, cook for another minute, then flip again. They should be golden and firm(ish) to touch.
- Serve onto a plate, top with the maple butter and pour over extra if desired!
- Enjoy immediately!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff p...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform p...
Barbeque Lamb Chops with Irish Summer Salad Middle Eastern Style
To prepare: Light your barbeque an hour before you intend...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...