- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (M)
- 100ml milk
- 50g chocolate chips
- 100g butter
- 1 bottle of maple syrup
- For the maple butter, whip 50ml of the maple syrup and butter together. Leave in the fridge until ready.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder and sugar and whisk together to incorporate.
- In a jug, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour this gradually into the flour mix, whisking continuously; you should have a lovely thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a good splash of oil. Once the oil is hot, keep at a medium temperature and using a tablespoon, spoon in 3 lots of mixture. You won’t fit any more in, as they will spread a little and rise.
- Cook on one side for a minute, bubbles will start to form on the raw side. Flip over, cook for another minute, then flip again. They should be golden and firm(ish) to touch.
- Serve onto a plate, top with the maple butter and pour over extra if desired!
- Enjoy immediately!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM ICING
Preheat the oven to 180°C and oil and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin with greaseproo...
Halloween Monster Cookies
Start with the cream. Finely chop the chocolate and place in a bowl...
Stain Glass Window Cookies
This recipe makes 20 of Shane Smith's stain glass window cookies. P...
Cranberry and Stuffing Christmas Crackers
This recipe makes 8 of Shane Smith's cranberry & stuffing Christmas crackers...
Valentine Raspberry Hearts
For the Dough: Preheat the oven to 180 °C For the doug...