- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (M)
- 100ml milk
- 50g chocolate chips
- 100g butter
- 1 bottle of maple syrup
- For the maple butter, whip 50ml of the maple syrup and butter together. Leave in the fridge until ready.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder and sugar and whisk together to incorporate.
- In a jug, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour this gradually into the flour mix, whisking continuously; you should have a lovely thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a good splash of oil. Once the oil is hot, keep at a medium temperature and using a tablespoon, spoon in 3 lots of mixture. You won’t fit any more in, as they will spread a little and rise.
- Cook on one side for a minute, bubbles will start to form on the raw side. Flip over, cook for another minute, then flip again. They should be golden and firm(ish) to touch.
- Serve onto a plate, top with the maple butter and pour over extra if desired!
- Enjoy immediately!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Batter fish with cucumber and radish salad
For the Fish: or the beer batter, put the flour together with the b...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with cheese
Our national treasure deserves a revival every now and again. Looking back to by...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...