At home with Kerrygold
Sweet Buttery Scones
- 110g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 450g self-raising flour
- 5g baking powder
- 2.5g salt
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (1 will be for the glaze)
- 50g cream
- 150g milk
- For the topping:
- Fruit, sugar or any other topping of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Rub in the butter to this mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and cream together. Add this 'egg mix' to your ‘breadcrumb’ mix and stir until combined
- Once mixed, place this onto a clean surface & knead lightly.
- Roll out to about 2” high
- Cut out your scone shapes and place them on a baking dish lined with baking paper
- Beat an egg and brush it over your scones
- Add fruit, sugar or topping of your choice (the topping will stick to the egg wash)
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
loaded baked eggs
Heat the oven to 220C (fan forced). In a large fry pan o...
No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Jars
For the biscuit base, melt the butter and crush the digestives in a...
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with cheese
45 minutes is a long time to cook garlic but when you taste the resulting purée...
Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween...
Serves 8 cupcakes
Whipped Brandy Butter
Shane Smith's brandy butter recipe serves 10. To begin, add the roo...
Filo Sausage Rolls
Preheat the oven to 190c....
STUFFED BREAD WITH IRISH CHEDDAR
Everyone loves bread. Try adding some of our delicious Irish cheddar cheese to m...
Serves 4 - 6