- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Rub in the butter to this mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and cream together. Add this 'egg mix' to your ‘breadcrumb’ mix and stir until combined
- Once mixed, place this onto a clean surface & knead lightly.
- Roll out to about 2” high
- Cut out your scone shapes and place them on a baking dish lined with baking paper
- Beat an egg and brush it over your scones
- Add fruit, sugar or topping of your choice (the topping will stick to the egg wash)
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...
YELLOW CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween...
Kerrygold Strawberry Meringue Cake
Preheat the oven to 175c. Mix the butter, 125g sugar and...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
SPICY SAN MARZANO TOMATO AND BUTTER SAUCE PIZZA
For the pizza dough: Mix the yeast and water together...