- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Rub in the butter to this mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and cream together. Add this 'egg mix' to your ‘breadcrumb’ mix and stir until combined
- Once mixed, place this onto a clean surface & knead lightly.
- Roll out to about 2” high
- Cut out your scone shapes and place them on a baking dish lined with baking paper
- Beat an egg and brush it over your scones
- Add fruit, sugar or topping of your choice (the topping will stick to the egg wash)
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
CRANBERRY & CHOCOLATE HOT CROSS BUNS
Soak the cranberries in juice of orange and warm the milk a little....
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
Kerrygold Strawberry Meringue Cake
Preheat the oven to 175c. Mix the butter, 125g sugar and...
Batter fish with cucumber and radish salad
For the Fish: or the beer batter, put the flour together with the b...