- For the dough:
- 550g wheat flour
- 60g sugar
- 60g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 medium Egg
- 220 ml milk
- 20g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Icing:
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 tsp of raspberry essence (or 4-5 tsp rasberry powder from freeze dried Raspberries)
- 2 tbsp water
- For the cream
- 250g cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 50g icing sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons of Rasberry essence (or 5-6 tsp raspberry powder from freeze dried Raspberries)
- In addition:
- 50 ml milk
- Decorative sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- For the dough, mix the egg, butter and vanilla extract together before incorporating in the Flour.
- Once combined, add in the milk, yeast and sugar to the flour mixture. Knead to a smooth dough by hand. Cover and leave the dough at room temperature for an hour.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out about 1-1.5 cm thick. Cut out hearts with a heart cutter (approx. 5 cm tall) and place them on baking paper-lined sheets, cover again for another 30 minutes.
- Brush the hearts with a little milk/egg and bake for 14-16 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- mix the icing sugar, raspberry flavoring (or raspberry powder) and a little water. The consistency should be relatively thick. Spread the icing with a small spoon on top of half of the hearts
- Decorate with sprinkles as you wish
- Mix cream, mascarpone and the icing sugar in a bowl and beat stiffly using the hand stirrer or food processor. Stir in the raspberry powder and add the cream to the lower halves of the heart.
- Place the decorated hearts on top of the cream & voilà
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
chocolate Chip, Buttercream Cookie sandwich
Shane's Smith's Chocoalte Chip, Buttercream Cookie sandwich recipe is not just f...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
Christmas Turkey butters
Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the back...
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/425 ̊F/Gas Mark 7 and line two large ba...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...