- For the dough:
- 550g wheat flour
- 60g sugar
- 60g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 medium Egg
- 220 ml milk
- 20g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Icing:
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 tsp of raspberry essence (or 4-5 tsp rasberry powder from freeze dried Raspberries)
- 2 tbsp water
- For the cream
- 250g cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 50g icing sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons of Rasberry essence (or 5-6 tsp raspberry powder from freeze dried Raspberries)
- In addition:
- 50 ml milk
- Decorative sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- For the dough, mix the egg, butter and vanilla extract together before incorporating in the Flour.
- Once combined, add in the milk, yeast and sugar to the flour mixture. Knead to a smooth dough by hand. Cover and leave the dough at room temperature for an hour.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out about 1-1.5 cm thick. Cut out hearts with a heart cutter (approx. 5 cm tall) and place them on baking paper-lined sheets, cover again for another 30 minutes.
- Brush the hearts with a little milk/egg and bake for 14-16 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- mix the icing sugar, raspberry flavoring (or raspberry powder) and a little water. The consistency should be relatively thick. Spread the icing with a small spoon on top of half of the hearts
- Decorate with sprinkles as you wish
- Mix cream, mascarpone and the icing sugar in a bowl and beat stiffly using the hand stirrer or food processor. Stir in the raspberry powder and add the cream to the lower halves of the heart.
- Place the decorated hearts on top of the cream & voilà
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chicken & Ham Pie
Preheat the oven to 200C Fan. In a heavy bottomed frying fan heat t...
Batter fish with cucumber and radish salad
For the Fish: or the beer batter, put the flour together with the b...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
ROAST PORK WITH APPLE and BLACKBERRIES
Pre-heat the oven to 220°C In a large bowl combine ap...
Barbeque Lamb Chops with Irish Summer Salad Middle Eastern Style
To prepare: Light your barbeque an hour before you intend...