- Line a large bowl/dish with a triple layer of clingfilm, crisscrossing one layer with the other, making sure there is a generous overlap. (If you rub a little oil into the bowl first, it helps the clingfilm stick)
- Whisk the cream and icing sugar until medium to firm peaks
- Break the meringue shells into the cream and fold gently until well mixed
- Transfer into a cling film lined bowl/dish, patting down evenly. Cover with the cling and freeze overnight
- Place everything except the butter in a bowl and whisk well
- Place in the microwave on a low setting for one minute
- Remove and then whisk in the butter
- Continue to cook and whisk at one minute intervals until the curd starts to set. It should take three or four turns
- Transfer into clean jars and allow to cool. Keep in the fridge.
- Decorate the ice-cream merengue cake with mint & berries of your choice
- Drizzle the cake with as much lemon curd as so desired
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Batter fish with cucumber and radish salad
For the Fish: or the beer batter, put the flour together with the b...
MUSSELS COOKED WITH CREAM, CHORIZO, GARLIC AND FLAT – LEAF PARSLEY
Start by prepping the mussels. The shells should be tightly shut and...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...