- 200g pasta shells, (conchiglie, penne, or macaroni)
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 12 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 55g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 100g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 90g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven 200C
- Place a saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil, season with sea salt. When the water is boiling, reduce to simmer and stir in the pasta shells. After 5 minutes, when the pasta is still al dente, remove from the heat and drain the pasta.
- Place a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, follow by adding the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the aubergine and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, capers and pasta and mix until all the ingredients have combined in the pan.
- Mix together the finely grated cheddar, chopped almonds, melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta until it’s completely covered.
- Put the pasta into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is bubbling and crispy.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
easy roast lamb
This recipe by Paul Flynn is an adaptation of a classic French recipe. The lamb...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9...