Baking with Kids
- 250g softened Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 350g plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Malteasers/Chocolate balls
- 100g dark chocolate
- White fondant icing
- Icing pen (optional)
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect treat! This recipes makes approximately 20-25 cookies.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and the salt.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture and beat slowly until the mixture comes together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and beat until combined.
- Wrap the dough in cling film in rolls and refrigerate. This will make it easier to handle.
- When ready to bake the cookies, unwrap the roll of dough and slice in to slices and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Ensure the slices are well spaced apart as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven 180°C fan.
- Allow to cool on the tray before decorating.
- Melt dark chocolate and, using a piping bag, pipe the warm chocolate onto the centre of the cookie, drizzling the chocolate down the sides to create spider legs.
- Place two Maltesers/chocolate balls in the centre of the cookie to create a spiders body.
- Roll two small circles of white icing fondant to create eyes.
- Using an icing pen or melted chocolate draw in spiders eyes on the white fondant.
- Attach the white icing fondant to the front of the Malteser (using water or food glue to make it stick).
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
STUFFED BREAD WITH IRISH CHEDDAR
Everyone loves bread. Try adding some of our delicious Irish cheddar cheese to m...
Serves 4 - 6
CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM ICING
Preheat the oven to 180°C and oil and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin with greaseproo...
ROASTED VEGETABLE GALETTE
Preheat the oven to 180c...
French Toast (Pain Perdu)
Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and po...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
PANCAKES WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tr...
SOLE WITH DULCE BUTTER
For the Pan Fried Sole: Season the flour with salt and pepper and s...