- Preheat the oven to 220°C, dust a large baking sheet with flour. Start by mixing the flour and baking powder in a big bowl. With your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs. Then stir in the sugar and mix it through the crumbs.
- In a measuring jug, whisk up the milk and egg until combined. Pour this into the crumb mixture and mix thoroughly with a table knife until a rough dough forms. Now here’s the trick. Don’t wait for the scones to cook before you add the best bit - mix the raspberries through the dough. Use your hands to knead the dough together and don’t leave any mixture stuck inside the bowl.
- Dust a clean work surface with a little flour, turn the dough out of the bowl and mould into a round shape. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thickness of 2.5cm (1in). Using a 7.5cm (3in) circular pastry cutter, cut out the scones and place on the baking sheet. Press the trimmings together, roll out and repeat the process until you have used all the dough.
- Brush each scone with a little milk and sprinkle with sugar. Place in the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 12 - 14 minutes until they have risen and turned a lovely golden-brown colour on top.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool ever so slightly before serving warm with a dollop of butter and jam. Why not experiment and have one with clotted cream, afternoon tea style?
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe...
Kerrygold Honey Glazed Ham
It's not a holiday feast without the Christmas ham and this recipe for a sticky...
YELLOW CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
These classic yellow cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting are fun and easy to...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with cheese
Our national treasure deserves a revival every now and again. Looking back to by...
EASY ONE TRAY CHICKEN DINNER
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...