- 550g (1 ¼ lb) (3 cups) mixed berries, such as blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, and redcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 4 - 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) (1 cup) plain flour
- 100g (4 oz) (8 tbsp), diced and chilled Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- Lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Mix the berries together and place in an ovenproof dish. Best to taste the berries first before you give them a generous sprinkling of caster sugar. The frozen variety tend not to be as ripe as fresh berries.
- Now it’s time for the crumble. Place the flour in a bowl and rub the butter in until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar and almonds. Scatter the crumble over the berries. 25 - 30 minutes in the oven and the topping should be golden brown with berrylicious juice bubbling at the edge.
- Serve straight from the oven to eagerly awaiting mouths. Finish with some lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm baking tin wit...
Lamb chops with red wine, rosemary and garlic butter
Marinated lamb chops. Tender and tasty. Bring out the best in them with rosemary...
No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Jars
For the biscuit base, melt the butter and crush the digestives in a...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...