- 550g (1 ¼ lb) (3 cups) mixed berries, such as blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, and redcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 4 - 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) (1 cup) plain flour
- 100g (4 oz) (8 tbsp), diced and chilled Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- Lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Mix the berries together and place in an ovenproof dish. Best to taste the berries first before you give them a generous sprinkling of caster sugar. The frozen variety tend not to be as ripe as fresh berries.
- Now it’s time for the crumble. Place the flour in a bowl and rub the butter in until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar and almonds. Scatter the crumble over the berries. 25 - 30 minutes in the oven and the topping should be golden brown with berrylicious juice bubbling at the edge.
- Serve straight from the oven to eagerly awaiting mouths. Finish with some lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/425 ̊F/Gas Mark 7 and line two large ba...
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...