- 550g (1 ¼ lb) (3 cups) mixed berries, such as blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, and redcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 4 - 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) (1 cup) plain flour
- 100g (4 oz) (8 tbsp), diced and chilled Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- Lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Mix the berries together and place in an ovenproof dish. Best to taste the berries first before you give them a generous sprinkling of caster sugar. The frozen variety tend not to be as ripe as fresh berries.
- Now it’s time for the crumble. Place the flour in a bowl and rub the butter in until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar and almonds. Scatter the crumble over the berries. 25 - 30 minutes in the oven and the topping should be golden brown with berrylicious juice bubbling at the edge.
- Serve straight from the oven to eagerly awaiting mouths. Finish with some lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm baking tin wit...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Pumpkin risotto with sage
They say the measure of a chef can be determined by a mastery of the fundamental...
Chocolate Biscuit Salami
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...