- 550g (1 ¼ lb) (3 cups) mixed berries, such as blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, and redcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 4 - 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) (1 cup) plain flour
- 100g (4 oz) (8 tbsp), diced and chilled Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- Lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Mix the berries together and place in an ovenproof dish. Best to taste the berries first before you give them a generous sprinkling of caster sugar. The frozen variety tend not to be as ripe as fresh berries.
- Now it’s time for the crumble. Place the flour in a bowl and rub the butter in until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar and almonds. Scatter the crumble over the berries. 25 - 30 minutes in the oven and the topping should be golden brown with berrylicious juice bubbling at the edge.
- Serve straight from the oven to eagerly awaiting mouths. Finish with some lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
KERRYGOLD FISH PIE
Preheat the oven to 200c. Grate the raw potatoes with th...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
ROAST PORK WITH APPLE and BLACKBERRIES
Pre-heat the oven to 220°C In a large bowl combine ap...
Melting Snowman Biscuits
This recipe makes 18 of Shane Smith's melting snowman biscuits. To make the b...
Hazelnut Toffee Buttercrunch
Shane Smith's hazelnut toffee buttercrunch recipe serves 8 - 10. Pr...