- Beat together the butter and sugar until you get a fluffy & pale consistency
- Next, add in one egg to this mixture at at time, once mixed well you can then add in the vanilla essence
- Mix the polenta, desiccated coconut & ground almonds together and fold this into your wet mixture
- You can then add in the lemon zest & juice
- Next, grease an 8 inch tin & line with parchment paper
- Pour your cake mixture into the tin & bake at 160°C for 30-40 minutes
- After baking, allow the cake to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the tin & serve with lemon curd & fresh cream
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
EASY ONE TRAY CHICKEN DINNER
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Irish Colcannon Shepard’s pie
This Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie is a mash up of two Irish favori...
Kerrygold Strawberry Meringue Cake
Preheat the oven to 175c. Mix the butter, 125g sugar and...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...