- For the Orange Butter:
- 100g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 30g Sieved Icing Sugar
- Zest of one Orange
- For the French Toast:
- 2 Thick slices of Brioche Bread (per 1 person)
- 1 egg
- 50ml Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon sieved Icing Sugar
- To Serve:
- Icing Sugar
- Orange Butter
- Fruit of your choice (such as berries, sliced banana or tropical fruit)
- Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and pour into a shallow bowl that will fit your slice of brioche.
- Dip the brioche into the egg and milk mixture, turning to ensure the slice is thoroughly coated and the mixture is soaking into the bread.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat and add a knob of Kerrygold butter, once this has melted and begun to foam but not brown, add the slice of brioche and cook gently for 1-2minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm whilst you repeat for the second slice or cook both at the same time if your pan is large enough.
- Slice the brioche diagonally and serve with a coin sized piece of orange butter to melt onto the hot slices. 6.Dust with icing sugar and serve with your choice of fruit.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
ONE PAN VEGGIE BREAKFAST
This is a brilliant vegetarian breakfast, all cooked in one pan for those lovely...
Lemon Polenta cake
Beat together the butter and sugar until you get a fluffy & pale...
STUFFED BREAD WITH IRISH CHEDDAR
Everyone loves bread. Try adding some of our delicious Irish cheddar cheese to m...
MUSSELS COOKED WITH CREAM, CHORIZO, GARLIC AND FLAT – LEAF PARSLEY
Start by prepping the mussels. The shells should be tightly shut and...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....