- For the Lemon Curd:
- 75g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 4 lemons (zest and juice)
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- For the biscuit base:
- 130g digestive biscuits
- 60g ground almonds
- 80g butter
- 30g sugar
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 14g powder gelatine or (about 9 sheets gelatine)
- 400g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g sugar
- 300ml cream
- 200g raspberries
- Mixed berries for decoration
- For the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 120g sugar
- pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan at a low temperature.
- Once the butter has melted, mix in the sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Raise the temperature and allow to boil briefly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk and stir in the lemon mixture.
- Return to the heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- If the mixture does not thicken, slightly raise the heat.
- Once the mixture has thickened remove it from the heat and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools.
- Once cooled, place in a sterile glass jar
- Put the egg whites and salt into a clean glass mixing bowl (not plastic).
- Use an electric mixer to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (a tablespoon at a time) whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip and pipe large dots of mixture onto the baking paper.
- Allow to dry in the preheated oven at 60 ° C for one hour.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor
- Add the ground almonds and sugar, mix well.
- Add the soft butter, mix well again and pour the whole mass into a spring form cheese cake tin.
- Press into the bottom with a spoon.
- Prepare gelatine as per the pack instructions.
- Place sugar and 100ml of cream in a saucepan and heat.
- Let the mixture simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in remaining cream, then add the cream cheese and stir until creamy.
- Stir in the gelatine.
- Half the mixture and mix one half with half of the lemon curd.
- Pour this onto of the biscuit base.
- To the other half add the 200g of raspberries and pour this on top.
- Crush the meringue and sprinkle on top
- Let the cake cool for about 2 hours in the freezer.
- Decorate with berries and the rest of the lemon curd.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chilli Butter Poached Prawns
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
French toast with peaches and bacon
Paul Flynn's French Toast recipe requires ripe peaches, crisp streaky bacon, sof...
Coconut Frosted Banana Bread
Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cak...
chocolate Chip, Buttercream Cookie sandwich
Shane's Smith's Chocoalte Chip, Buttercream Cookie sandwich recipe is not just f...
Kerrygold Chicken Wings
Preparation time: 15 minutes Baking time: approx. 40-55 minutes Pr...
Kerrygold Jam Drop Cookies
For the Cookies: Preheat your oven to 190°C/170C Fan/ Ga...