- For the Lemon Curd:
- 75g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 4 lemons (zest and juice)
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- For the biscuit base:
- 130g digestive biscuits
- 60g ground almonds
- 80g butter
- 30g sugar
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 14g powder gelatine or (about 9 sheets gelatine)
- 400g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g sugar
- 300ml cream
- 200g raspberries
- Mixed berries for decoration
- For the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 120g sugar
- pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan at a low temperature.
- Once the butter has melted, mix in the sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Raise the temperature and allow to boil briefly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk and stir in the lemon mixture.
- Return to the heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- If the mixture does not thicken, slightly raise the heat.
- Once the mixture has thickened remove it from the heat and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools.
- Once cooled, place in a sterile glass jar
- Put the egg whites and salt into a clean glass mixing bowl (not plastic).
- Use an electric mixer to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (a tablespoon at a time) whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip and pipe large dots of mixture onto the baking paper.
- Allow to dry in the preheated oven at 60 ° C for one hour.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor
- Add the ground almonds and sugar, mix well.
- Add the soft butter, mix well again and pour the whole mass into a spring form cheese cake tin.
- Press into the bottom with a spoon.
- Prepare gelatine as per the pack instructions.
- Place sugar and 100ml of cream in a saucepan and heat.
- Let the mixture simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in remaining cream, then add the cream cheese and stir until creamy.
- Stir in the gelatine.
- Half the mixture and mix one half with half of the lemon curd.
- Pour this onto of the biscuit base.
- To the other half add the 200g of raspberries and pour this on top.
- Crush the meringue and sprinkle on top
- Let the cake cool for about 2 hours in the freezer.
- Decorate with berries and the rest of the lemon curd.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe...
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff p...
Irish Colcannon Shepard’s pie
This Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie is a mash up of two Irish favori...
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
Victoria sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius Cream the butter...