- For the bread:
- 110g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 190g plain flour, plus extra for dusting pan
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (M)
- 300g well-mashed, very ripe bananas
- 60ml sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- For the coconut frosting:
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp well-stirred cream of coconut
- 30g coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cake tin.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined, then add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract and beat until combined well. Reduce speed to low. Sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and continue to mix.
- Spread the batter in the bread tin and bake until pale golden and a skewer or knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. This should take around 45 minutes or an hour in a ceramic tin.
- Once the banana bread is cooked, let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then lift the cake out of the tin onto the rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the coconut frosting. Beat together the cream cheese and butter in a bowl using cleaned beaters at medium speed until smooth. Reduce the speed to low, then add icing sugar, cream of coconut and mix until combined. Increase the speed to high and beat until light and fluffy. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Frost the top of the cooled cake and then sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
Hibernate through the winter with a classic dish that never gets old-fashioned....
LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY AND IRISH BUTTER
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious an...
Irish stew hot-pot
Cold Winter evenings, a peat fire and pot of stew. This recipe is a right of pas...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
French toast with peaches and bacon
Paul Flynn's French Toast recipe requires ripe peaches, crisp streaky bacon, sof...