- For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 150ml Vegetable oil
- 200g Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 340g Grated carrots
- 100g Raisins
- 100g Chopped walnuts
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- For the Orange blossom icing:
- 70g Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 300g Cream cheese
- 300g icing sugar , sifted
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tsp Orange blossom water
- For the carrot cake: beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, grated carrot, raisins and chopped walnuts.
- Sift in the rest of the dry ingredients and bring the mixture together using a wooden or large metal spoon until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, smooth the surface and bake in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. If you’re using a ceramic baking dish then you’ll need to add 15 minutes to the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the tin for about five minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- For the orange blossom icing: beat the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl until well combined. Add the icing sugar, orange blossom water and finely grated orange zest and mix until the frosting is smooth and thick. Using a palette knife, spread the icing evenly over the cooled cake, dipping the knife into a bowl of hot water if the icing is hard to spread out.
- Decorate with orange zest on top of the icing.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
SUMMER PASTA BAKE
Pre-heat your oven 200C Place a saucepan of water over a...
CHOCOLATE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Lemon Polenta cake
Beat together the butter and sugar until you get a fluffy & pale...
Melt your butter and add it to a shallow bowl. Mix in crushed garlic...