- 1.5kg (3lb) large baking potatoes
- 25g (1oz) (2 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
For the sour cream & chive dip
- 225ml (8fl oz) (1 cup) sour cream
- 100g (4oz) (1 cup) grated Kerrygold Light Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, extra to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Scrub the potatoes and cut each one into 6-8 even-sized wedges, depending on their size. Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and then mix in the olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Add the potato wedges and toss until well coated, then arrange them in rows ‘sitting’ upright on their skins in two roasting tins. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tender and lightly golden, changing the oven shelves halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
- To make the dip; place the sour cream in a bowl and stir in the cheese and chives, then season to taste. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- When the wedges are cooked, heap them onto a warmed platter and garnish with a little extra pepper and chive. Serve with the sour cream cheese and chive dip.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with cheese
Our national treasure deserves a revival every now and again. Looking back to by...
Shirley Shannon’s spicy butter chicken
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe This family favourite, from the Shannon Fami...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
ROSEMARY, CRANBERRY AND CLEMENTINE BUTTER
METHOD: 1. Cream together the butter with all of the ingredients using the ba...
ONE PAN VEGGIE BREAKFAST
This is a brilliant vegetarian breakfast, all cooked in one pan for those lovely...