Witch Chocolate Cupcakes
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⅓ cup brown sugar
- 11 tablespoons Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 170g black candy melts
- 12 pointy sugar ice-cream cones
- Black paper cupcake liners
Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 stick Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup hazelnut chocolate cream spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
These wickedly delicious cupcakes are sure to get everyone into the Halloween spirit.
- Heat oven to 180° C.
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl to combine. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and pumpkin puree, and beat to combine. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave candy melts in a heat-proof bowl on high for 30 seconds, stirring at 10 second intervals. Use a pastry brush to cover the ice cream cones with the candy melts. Set on baking sheet to dry. Cut a 1 3/4 inch diameter hole in the centre of a paper cupcake liner. Place over candy-coated ice cream cone to form the brim of the witch's hat.
- To make the hazelnut cream cheese frosting: Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer.
- Frost cupcakes with hazelnut cream cheese frosting. Top each with a witch's hat.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Brioche Burger with Spinach and Pear
1. Melt the butter in batches in the pan then toast the rolls in it one after th...
Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Chickpeas
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat. 2. Prick the sweet pot...
Peanut Butter & Jelly Eclairs
Recipe by: Landi Govender (@thetockablog) For the Peanut...
Retro Ten Layer Salad
Recipe by Rozanne Stevens (...
Sweet Potato Dumplings
Cook the sweet potatoes, whole and unpeeled, in very little water for 30 minutes...
Brandy Snap Cannolis with Vanilla Buttercream
For the Brandy Snaps: 1. In a pot set over medium heat combine the but...
Serves 12 cannolis
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until mel...