- 5 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
Lemon curd cream filling:
- 500ml cream, lightly whipped
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- 1 punnet of strawberries, halved
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 1 punnet of blackberries
- 1 punnet of Cape gooseberries
- icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 150° Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray. The paper must overhang the tray so that you can lift it out. You can stick the paper to the tray with sunflower oil. Lightly oil the top of the paper too to make it non-stick.
- To make the meringue base, whisk the egg whites in a very clean, dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually snow in the caster sugar and continue to whisk until the sugar dissolves – this is key. Rub the mixture between your fingers – if it feels sandy, carry on whisking.
- Spread the meringue mixture evenly over the paper. Bake for 25 minutes, until the meringue is crunchy on top. It will still be marshmallowy underneath.
- Gently lift the meringue off the baking tray using the paper and allow to cool on a wire rack. Once it’s cool, place another piece of paper on top, grip firmly and turn the meringue over. Peel the top layer of parchment paper away.
- To make the filling, whip together the cream and lemon curd until fairly stiff but still spreadable. Set aside.
- Lay the meringue with the longest side going from west to east. Spread most of the whipped cream over the meringue base.
- Scatter evenly with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and gooseberries. Using the paper, lift the edge of the meringue and roll it over into a log.
- Scatter over the rest of the berries. Decorate with the rest of the cream, a sprinkling of white chocolate curls and a dusting of icing sugar.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Butternut Squash Lasagna for Two
This isn’t your typical lasagna... It’s a...
Kerrygold Dubliner Potato Bake
Recipe by: Natasha Marais (@dinewithtasha) 1. Preheat the o...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Did you know that you’re just 15 minutes aw...
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) For the Cupcakes Prehe...